Print news has unfortunately been dealt a mortal blow by a combination of the Internet and mobile phones.
But there’s still one way to take advantage of the physical nature of printed news—a way that cannot be replicated by news on a phone!
We can bring printed newspapers and promote a healthy lifestyle in news aficionados with this one simple trick:
- Instead of printing newspapers on paper, we print the news on a flat, edible substance (as shown in Figure 1).
- Then, as you read the news, you can also eat the “newspaper.”
- This also saves time at work, since the newspaper could serve as both reading material and lunch.
- Matzah (or any other gigantic cracker / biscuit)
- Seaweed. Caveat: may be too dark to be easily written on.
- Beef jerky
- “Fruit Roll-ups”—these have the advantage of also being rollable, as the name implies (like a newspaper).
- “Bubble Tape.” Due to the narrowness of Bubble Tape, it may only be suitable for “news ticker”-style updates or 1930s stock ticker info.
PROS: A potentially healthy and efficient way of becoming more news-savvy. Be the first one in your neighborhood to get into the new “edible newspaper” health food craze!
CONS: You would definitely get crumbs everywhere.
You must be logged in to post a comment.